You want to get the most from your cleaning appointment.
We look forward to serving you.
There are only a couple things we ask you to do in preparation for your professional cleaning appointment — and a few extra tips to get the most from our service.
1. Protect your Personal Belongings and Furnishings
Please remove breakable things such as lamps, vases, and other fragile items from your tabletops.
If you have full-length draperies, please pin them up so that they are about 6 inches off the floor. Also, we strongly recommend that you pin up the "skirts" on beds and other upholstered furniture that are touching the floor.
Dusting your baseboards helps!
Dusting your baseboards (and tables, chairs, etc) in each room prior to our appointment will help make sure that the dust won't become airborne and settle on your freshly-cleaned carpet.
2. Make sure the floors are clear.
Please thoroughly vacuum your carpets to get them ready for a deep cleaning.
We'd appreciate if you remove small items from your floor before we arrive — floor plants, small tables, magazine racks, small chairs, toys, books, and anything else that would hinder the cleaning process.
3. Secure Your Pets
We recommend that you make arrangements for your pets, or have them out in the yard or secured safely in a room that is not being cleaned. The noise from our machines may frighten some pets. We also don't want them to wander out the door. We will need the door ajar to allow for our hoses to run outside.
4. Please clear a parking space near the entrance for our cleaning van
We use powerful, truck-mounted equipment, so we'll need to park our vehicle as close as possible to an entry door in order to run hoses for the cleaning equipment. The closer the better. And we'll also need just a little space around the van to work.
Keep in mind: If you may want to leave while we are cleaning, please remove your vehicle from the garage and park on the road.
5. Prepare for our Pre-Inspection Walk-through
Although a full inspection is part of our complete service, you know your home best!
Please show us yourhighest traffic lanes, and let us know of any stains or spots that need extra attention. That way, we will be sure to give extra care to those areas — and apply special techniques if necessary.
Please also let us know if you have any special instructions for us to follow, and please bring to our attention any broken or fragile furnishings, with weak legs, or loose tops.
6. Be prepared for AFTER your pro cleaning.
We recommend that you plan ahead for the drying time that is necessary after your cleaning.
For best results, follow these tips after your cleaning:
• Please leave plastic tabs and blocks under the furniture legs for 48 hours.
• Avoid walking on the carpet (especially with shoes) until the carpet is dry. This can take 2 to 8 hours, depending on humidity and room temperature.
• Turning on fans to provide air flow — and running your A/C or heat — will help reduce drying time.
• Don't let your kids or pets lie down on the carpet until it is completely dry.
• Slipping hazard: Please use caution when walking from the damp carpet to any hard-surface area.
Your cooperation helps us give you the best results possible.
At One Of A Kind Pros Carpet Cleaning, we're dedicated to helping you keep your carpets and furniture upholstery in optimal condition. We will work with you to recommend professional cleanings in order to meet your standards.
If you have any questions about this article, or anything related to cleaning carpet, upholstery, tile and grout, and maintaining a healthy home, please feel free to give us a call, and let's talk!
To your fresh, clean, and healthy home!